General Capacitor, LLC (GC) is a startup company focused on the R&D, marketing, and manufacturing of patented high performance lithium-ion capacitors and related hybrid electrochemical capacitors.
GC headquarters are located in Tallahassee, FL near Innovation Park, close to the National Magnetic Lab, High-Performance Materials Institute, and the Aero-Propulsion, Mechatronics, and Energy Center.
GC is a partner to the U.S. Army Research Lab and a contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense. Since 2015, GC has executed over $4M in R&D contracts for both government and private customers, developing LIC prototypes for aerospace, defense, medical, and consumer applications.
In mid-2018, GC completed construction of a 2000-sq.ft. cleanroom and laminate cell assembly pilot line to facilitate state of the art research and manufacturing of high quality energy storage devices.
General Capacitor is a forefront innovator and supplier of patented electrochemical capacitors and provides customized solutions for a myriad of critical energy storage and power source applications.
General Capacitor in the Media:
- No batteries required: Local startup General Capacitor ups capacity with new 'dry room'
- 2018 TechGrant Video Update: General Capacitor
- GC awarded $15K TechGrant from the Leon County R&D Authority
- GC lands $1.8 million U.S. Army grant for HEROS project
- GC receives $10K grant as Top 10 finalist in MegaWatt Ventures competition